Perplexed as to how something that is toxic to the body can be called "healthy".
It doesn't make sense.
But you don't tell people it is healthy and you should drink more of it.
It's grievous, actually.
But there are MANY hidden sources of MSG that most of us have no idea about. Many of these hidden sources are found right there on the labels.
anything and MSG.
Here are just a few things I learned.
You need to know what you are putting in your body.
Really, you do.
If you are thinking to yourself, "I thought soy was good for you", then please look at the research.
Methylene chloride, a solvent used in the
of acesulfame potassium, is the substance that may
give the food additive its potential carcinogenic
More info about artificial sweeteners
3. MSG is not healthy for you. (Medifast products contain or produce MSG.)It does not come right out and say MSG, but there are many products with hidden sources of it.
Find out what MSG does to your body:
Dangers of MSG
4. Splenda was originally discovered while making an insecticide! (Medifast uses this to sweeten many of it's products.)
Educate yourself on Splenda since everyone seems to think it's healthier than aspartame!
Dangers of Splenda/Sucralose
5. Corn contains fungus. It has been universally contaminated with fungus which produces mycotoxins in your body. There is NO corn kernel in the world that is safe to eat now. (Medifast uses many corn derivatives in their products.)
I have spend a lot of time on this blog discussing the negative effects of corn on the body. Here are a few previous posts in case you need to educate yourself on this.
Why you should not eat any corn products. Ever.
7. Sugar is not good for you. (ok, I already knew this one but found out just how bad!) (Medifast uses sugar by many different names in all of their products.)
Doesn't matter whether it's organic, blessed, evaporated cane juice.....it's all sugar. Some sugars such as fructose are even worse than others.
Dangers of fructose
Read for yourself what sugar does to your immune function.
The power of sugar
What this sweet thing can really do
What it really has is all wrapped up in a pretty package is:
even more sugar
And this is healthy?
I am perplexed.
- Add contents of package to a microwave safe container.
- Add 1/2 cup (4 oz) water and mix thoroughly.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds; remove and stir.
- Cover and microwave again for 15-30 seconds.
bowl full of.......what was all that stuff listed? guar
gum? xanthan gum? inulin(which is fiber from a tree
root)? soy lecithin? annatto?
Here are the directions for cooking the eggs in my
So, in a matter of about 1 1/2 minutes you can have a