Friday, July 27, 2012
Checking in two years later.....
Two years ago this month I found out that fungus was the root of all of my chronic illnesses. I started on a journey to change my diet and get my life back.
5. My oldest son is now off his ADHD medications for the first time in 7 years. He is 13 and had been on them since he was 6.
8. I have learned to cook more things in these 2 years than I have my adult life! ( I don't like to cook, so this is a pretty big deal)
Here are just a few things that making changes in my diet have accomplished:
1. I am off Prozac/anti-depressants for the first time in 20 years.
2. I have been soda free for 2 years.
3. My entire family hit the 2 year mark in June of NO sick visits. That's 2 adults and 3 children.
No sick visits for 2 years.
4. I am no longer a walking pharmacy. I am down from 8-10 daily medications to just one.
6. I no longer have a "medicine" cabinet.
7. I have learned how to use natural things like coconut oil, tea tree oil, olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract to ward off or treat anything coming our way.
9. My children read labels and can tell you if there is corn, soy, peanuts or other genetically modified foods in something AND put it back on the shelf.
10. I can ride a bike, go for a jog, hike a mountain, walk on the beach......I can live life instead of being held back by pain, constant fatigue, and depression.