|Ok- so this is after cutting it up. I will never win a blog photo contest!|
Sunday, July 29, 2012
This has become one of my favorites. The best part...all 3 kids like it! It's very easy to make and can be put with any veggie side you have available.
1 pound organic pork tenderloin
*Organic butter -optional
*Organic grated parmesan cheese -optional(If you are doing the strict phase one anti-fungal diet you might want to leave this off)
Place tenderloin in baking dish. Sprinkle with onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt. (Sorry, I don't measure! Just cover it slightly with each one) Pour olive oil over the top. I use enough to coat the meat well and have some extra to keep it moist. Sprinkle top with almond meal (about 1 cup- again, I don't measure).
*If you want some added flavor, slice up some organic butter and place it on top. Butter makes everything taste better! :)
Cook on 425 for about 30-40 minutes.
*I love parmesan cheese and use Whole Foods brand that has a very strong taste so it doesn't take much. During the last 10 minutes of cooking I will sprinkle this on top for extra flavor. (It tends to burn if you put it on there to begin with.)
Friday, July 27, 2012
Two years ago this month I found out that fungus was the root of all of my chronic illnesses. I started on a journey to change my diet and get my life back.
5. My oldest son is now off his ADHD medications for the first time in 7 years. He is 13 and had been on them since he was 6.
8. I have learned to cook more things in these 2 years than I have my adult life! ( I don't like to cook, so this is a pretty big deal)
Here are just a few things that making changes in my diet have accomplished:
1. I am off Prozac/anti-depressants for the first time in 20 years.
2. I have been soda free for 2 years.
3. My entire family hit the 2 year mark in June of NO sick visits. That's 2 adults and 3 children.
No sick visits for 2 years.
4. I am no longer a walking pharmacy. I am down from 8-10 daily medications to just one.
6. I no longer have a "medicine" cabinet.
7. I have learned how to use natural things like coconut oil, tea tree oil, olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract to ward off or treat anything coming our way.
9. My children read labels and can tell you if there is corn, soy, peanuts or other genetically modified foods in something AND put it back on the shelf.
10. I can ride a bike, go for a jog, hike a mountain, walk on the beach......I can live life instead of being held back by pain, constant fatigue, and depression.