Wednesday, January 27, 2010

How it all got started...... a few face book posts

3 hours in the urgent care today- horrible upper respiratory virus- I begged for something- anything to make me feel better- don't think I have felt this bad since having a baby.....I like the old days when they would give you an antibiotic whether you needed it or not...at least you feel like you didn't waste all that time and money in there.....

3 hours in the Northern Wake ER...my fever spiked tonight to 105- so off to the hospital we went. I was so faint,dizzy,weak they had to wheelchair me in. But after another round of IV's-laced with Zofran and Toradol and Morphine ( aaahhhhhh- finally some real relief)I am feeling better.


aahhh...a day with no IV's or visits to the ER.....I am feeling better- but still have a ways to go before I am able to be out and about....enjoyed the snow from the bed today- got to listen to the kids through the window...I'll take that over nothing!

It's days like today when..although I am feeling better- but not well enough to tackle school, the kids, the house...- that I am thankful that my 11 year old son likes to cook- hamburgers for his brother and peanut butter/honey sandwich for his sister...now, if I could just train him to clean up...but thankful I didn't have to get out of bed to fix lunch!

is tired and ready to go to bed! I have done a little too much the last 2 days since having meningitis...I think it just caught up with me! nothing wrong with the kids having cereal for breakfast and supper, right??!!

No comments: