Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meatballs Marinara


I decided to try a new recipe I found on the comfybelly.com site.   It was a hit!  I was SO easy to make- only 30 minutes from start to finish.  I used one bowl to mix everything in and one pan to cook it in.  I am all about using the least amount of cookware possible.  The dishwasher and I don't really like each other.  I added some steam-able mixed veggies with the meatballs.  As the recipe called for I put a little tomato sauce (I used Rao's marinara sauce) on them to give them some extra flavor.  I did sprinkle a small amount of organic parmesan cheese on the meatballs....but not very much.  They would have been fine without the cheese.
The kids first started saying "yuck" when they saw me making them but then they took a few bites and decided that they liked them.  It's so rare to find something that everyone likes!  This one is a keeper!
so...mine are not perfect!

almost done cooking







Here is the recipe:

Meatballs Parmesan

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey) **  I used grass fed beef
  • 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder 
  • 1 teaspoon of oregano 
  • 1/3 cup of almond flour 
  • 1/4 cup of finely chopped onions 
  • 2 eggs
  • tomato sauce ( I used Rao's organic marinara sauce)
  • cheese (shredded ** I used a sprinkle of organic parmesan
Mix the ingredients (except tomato sauce and cheese) all together in a bowl.  I used a mixer but you could do it by hand as well.  Use an ice-cream scoop to form the meatballs.  Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.  Pour hot tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Here is the link to the recipe:
Meatballs Parmesan

No comments: